iPad Ebook Starter Kit with Video Tutorials!
This template can be used to make an unlimited number of iOS Apps!
Check out The Greebley Greebley made using this template!
XCode & Cocos2d Templates…
- One eBook template without code for In-App Purchasing
- One eBook template with code for In-App Purchasing
One eBook template with code for In-App Purchasing, a video player, sound FX, animated images, and particle FX.
One eBook template with code that loads images from a server instead of stored locally.
* Alternate copies for both Cocos2d v1 and v2.1 (so you get eight templates total)
* Upgraded to 2.1 to support iOS6
* All templates have been updated for the iPad 3. Add HD images by including alternately named files, for example
page1-ipadhd.png. No coding changes are required to use the alternately named files.
* All templates with In-App Purchasing include the newly-required Restore Purchases button
Includes Eleven Tutorial Videos…
- Details on each Class file
- How to add sound FX & background audio to specific pages
- How to add animated images
- How to add buttons that reveal other images (great for kids books!)
- How to add special FX to your pages with just a few lines of code ( snow, rain, fire, sun, fireworks, sun, galaxies, and more)
- How to add an index to jump to pages or sections
- How to add an in-App purchase option to give part of the book away for free, and the rest for sale.
At the very least, all you need to do to setup this book is replace the already included sequential images (page0.png, page1.png, and so on) with your own images. In landscape mode your images will be 1024 by 768 (or 2048 by 1536 for HD images). You’ve also got the option to include a cover page (named “page0_with_options.png”) which can include text over your book cover which instructs readers where to swipe or press to flip the page forward and back and how to get to the index. This alternate cover page can be seen when the app first loads, but if the viewer returns to this page later, they’ll see your usual cover art ( “page0.png” ). Other than that, you’ll just need to change a variable in the Constants.h file which specifies how many pages are in your book.
Make your book stand out!
In just a few steps, you can publish your book to your iPad. Getting approved for inclusion in the App Store takes just a little bit more work. We’ve included some short videos with example code to impress upon your App Reviewer that your book belongs in the App Store in the Books category. Without something extra, your book will probably get rejected with a note that it would be better off in the iBookStore. Basically meaning its not doing enough to be considered an “app”. The iBookStore is for books created in a different format than this template, and gets far less sales and searches than the App Store. But don’t worry, its incredibly easy to add sounds, buttons, special FX, or animation that will get your app approved. Video tutorials 7-10 go into all that.
We’ve also included an initial setup video for beginners to XCode and app development. It will give you an overview of what you need to know about XCode to setup your app, and where to go in iTunes Connect and the Development Portal to sign your application and submit it. So while it would be great if you knew a bit of programming and had prior development experience, this template does not require it. Just watch the included videos!